How do we make sense of all that is happening in the world? In these moments of uncertainty, I look for comfort in things like good reads, homemade banana bread, and founders who inspire me. Until we can gather and celebrate again, I want to highlight some of the amazing humans moving me forward right now.
- A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum (on the Jenna Bush book club list, and approved by my mom)
- The Tender Bar by J. R. Moehringer (recommended by Kristina O’Neill, and she knows journalism)
- The Jetsetters by Amanda Ward (on Reese Witherspoon’s book club list)
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow (a page turner)
- Little Fires Everywhere
- The Goop Lab
- Savannah Guthrie and Jenna Bush on The Today Show reporting from home
- “Boss Files with Poppy Harlow” podcast
- Katie Couric’s newsletter, “Wake-Up Call”
Anything by Candace Nelson, Jessica Seinfeld (also follow for cat imagery), Pamela Salzman, and Katie Lee.
Oh, and lots of banana bread.
GET YOUR BODY MOVING:
GET ORGANIZED ON FINANCES:
- It's About Damn Time, by Arlan Hamilton
- Financially Forward, by Alexa von Tobel
- Playlists by Marjorie Gubelmann (Aka DJ Mad Marj)
- Florence and the Machine
- Maggie Rogers
- Fleetwood Mac
- Brooks and Dunn